Wednesday, June 11, 2014

His Nursery

Squish was gone last weekend.  One of the joys of being a dude is annual poker tournaments at The Cabin.  So I got Eva and Hulk all to myself.  yay.  O, did I mention I had a sinus infection?  And that I'm really cranky when I'm sick?

So, while Squish left me sick and alone with a four year old and 35 weeks pregnant I finished the nursery.  I'm really proud of it.  I've sat in there and rocked a few times and it reminds me of how I felt when I finished Eve's nursery.



And surprise!  His name is Oscar.  I would have preferred waiting until after he was born to "announce" his name but someone already posted pictures on (effing) Facebook.

O, and pretend there's a changing pad on the dresser.  Eva decided to take it and the most adorable handmade deer. I found her in the living room playing baby with them.

This was the first room Squish and I painted...ever.  We couldn't be happier with the color.  It's Palladian Blue.  I pretty much ripped off this room from Project Nursery.

I made the bedskirt.  And by made I mean, I sewed each side, made a pleat, duct taped it to a board under the mattress and called it good.  The stump came from a tree my FIL cut down in his backyard.  I sanded that bitch down and it was beautiful. I also sanded a board I found in the back yard and made into a shelf and I sanded a branch I found at my bff's house but didn't end up using.  For the last month or so I was a sanding fool.

My name is Kari and I'm addicted to sanding.

Rocker came from my granny and the arrows were old fence pickets I found in someone's trash pile on the side of the road.  I drew arrows on them and thought, meh, good enough.

So the room is ready and I can't wait until I get to put my next DIY project* in there.

*my next DIY project is my kid.

1 comment: